WANTED: Drilling Superintendent - PETRONAS CanadaPopular on CamTrader
Jobs / Posted 7 days ago / 157 views
If you’re looking for a company that’s ambitious in its thinking, has a thirst for learning and a drive to improve and innovate… you’ve come to the right place.
We want people who share our enthusiasm for curiosity and diversity of thought to join us on our journey. People who are passionate about what they do and will help build our company’s great future. In return, we’ll provide challenging work, professional development and competitive compensation.
We currently have a vacancy for a Drilling Superintendent to join our team in Calgary. Reporting to the Manager, Drilling & Completions Operations, the successful candidate will have extensive oil and gas experience, specifically with multi-stage horizontal well completion. We are seeking an organized, technically strong candidate who is a self-starter with strong drive and initiative. The ability to thrive while working individually and as part of a dynamic team are important qualities, as is the ability to deliver results under pressure while maintaining safe worksites.
Regular travel to our field worksites in Northeast BC is required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure all drilling operations are planned & executed according to Company and industry best practices and standards
- Leads and provides day-to-day guidance to field supervisors
- Assists the Engineering team in preparing detailed drilling programs
- Coordinate and participate in DWOPs and lead pre-drilling meetings in the office and in the field.
- Work closely with Completions and Drilling Engineers to achieve team goals
- Pursue and evaluate technology with a dedication towards continuous operational improvement
- Ensure field activities are conducted in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Prepare Scope of Work for bid documents, and evaluate bids
- Ensure safe and efficient services through regular contractor assurance reviews and audits
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure corporate Health & Safety, culture and performance metrics are being met
- Provide onsite supervision and assume front-line responsibility during periods of uncontrolled well flow and/or significant well problems
- Prepare AFEs, track daily costs and provide accurate monthly accruals on projects
- Other special projects as required
Required Education, Experience And Skills
- 15-20 years of directly related industry experience, with 5+ years of direct field experience is required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Petroleum Engineering (or similar) is required
- Experience in deep extended-reach horizontal operations is preferred
- Clear, conscientious communicator who actively listens to the needs and concerns of others and responds appropriately in a timely manner
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Sound organizational, time management and prioritizing skills, with the ability to work under pressure, multi-task and move from one priority to another while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) with a clean driver’s abstract
- Current valid safety and BOP tickets
- Total commitment to a safety-first attitude, demonstrating safe behaviours and practices at all times.
Applications will be accepted until July 10, 2020.