Senior Project Manager/Estimator - Borger Group of Companies
Jobs / Posted 6 days ago / 32 views
Borger Group of Companies is now hiring for a Senior Project Manager/Estimator. They will be responsible for overseeing assigned projects from the time of tendering through project construction completion.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
· Prepare for pre-tender meetings and attend pre-tender meetings as required.
· Carefully inspect tender documentation and specifications. Analyze exact requirements and identify areas that have implications to that division, i.e. a contractual requirement may be onerous.
· Contact appropriate person to arrange site inspection. Visit site and make all necessary notes and take appropriate photographs and video. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing.
· Ensure project constraints are identified prior to tender submission and accounted for as necessary.
· Provide a detailed “take-off”
· Oversee or complete the quote analysis comparison (compare the schedule of quantities versus your actuals).
· Obtain pricing for tenders
· Set up tender review schedules with Operations Manager and General Manager at least 48 hrs prior to tender close
· Fill out forms of tender and have all rates filled out and ready for submission at least 2 hrs prior to tender close. Responsible for submission of assigned tenders, obtain tender results and perform post tender analysis based on results for future pricing consideration
· Organize several projects and tenders and multitask as required to complete tasks in a timely manner and meet deadlines
· Upload Cost Codes for assigned project to Heavy Job prior to crew Mobilization; ensure cost codes L&E totals are the same as bid.
· Ensure time cards have been submitted on a daily basis and hours are in accordance with communicated field hours discussed in Operations Meetings.
· Discuss reasoning of additional hours with Supervisors. Review for daily cost of crews and communicate with Site Supervisors if crew size is larger than estimated.
· Review time cards daily from Foreman/Superintendents; ensure that the time card includes all required information so that all team members that worked on the project for that respective day can be paid. As well, that the division can generate a complete invoice for the work completed that day.
· Read all time card notes submitted by Foreman to ensure all force account items not listed under the force account cost codes are caught and invoiced.
· Perform site visits at least two times a week; be familiar with project status and report status to Operations Manager for accurate scheduling. Identify any additional work which is or could be an extra to our scope of work.
· Communicate daily (in the a.m.) with Superintendents on project status and schedule. Anticipate problems, work with Superintendent to find a timely, cost effective solution.
· Communicate with Consultants on project approval status for assigned projects.
· Responsible for calling up meetings with consultants and Supervisors as necessary and if necessary.
· Responsible for the preparation of the internal project newsletter from information provided by the Superintendents. Catalogue the information to each project; stn numbers of where each type of pipe was installed. Manhole numbers, vault numbers, specific items on tender form – > their locations and qty’s.
· Monthly projects progress billing and force account billings.
· Overall billing of assigned projects.
· Billing tracker force account items, which were identified through the internal project newsletter
· Ensure billings are submitted no later than the end of the billing cycle month; date to be verified within the billing contract.
· Follow up on submitted progress claims and force accounts with Engineers and Developers to ensure approval of submitted invoices is granted.
· Identify force accounts on supplier and subcontractor invoices. Stamp “Processed For F.A.” on invoices and ensure they are billed out with the monthly billings
· Ensure intern progress billings are always resulting in positive cash flow for the project
· Scan all submitted EWS’s and saving Borger copy in Project billings folder
· Save hard copy of progress claims in project folder and stored in filing cabinet complete with notes of billings
· Highlight internal project newsletter items in the billing tracker as they get invoiced
· Track change orders through approvals
· Order materials for projects and coordinate with subcontractors. Obtain subcontractor pre-qualification documents prior to appearance on Borger sites
· Ensure material schedules for pipe, manholes, concrete pipe, valves, fittings and any other materials are received and read. Ensure materials are onsite prior to crew mobilization.
· Ensure that show drawings or any other submittals are submitted, reviewed and are approved so the material can be ordered.
· Review, verify initially prices of supplier and subcontractor invoices/quotes.
· Monitor costs of projects and recommend new methodologies if expected project productivity is not met
· Review projects upon project completion and identify items that were profitable and items that weren’t profitable. Make notes for future project estimation, this is done through the post Mortem Report and Lessons Learned.
· Post Mortem and Lessons Learned are to be completed with Superintendent, Safety and Operations Manager. This is to be completed within two weeks of the project being completed.
· Ensure project costs are communicated with Operations Manager on a weekly basis with accurate results.
· Obtain job costs from accounting to ensure costs are similar to Heavy Job analysis
· Follow up on accounts receivable as requested
Expected Start Date: 2021-04-15
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- project management: 8 years (preferred)
- senior project management: 3 years (preferred)
- Underground water & sewer: 3 years (preferred)
- driver’s license (preferred)