Senior Product Manager - Tartan Energy GroupPopular on CamTrader
Jobs / Posted 3 weeks ago / 92 views
Tartan Energy Group is a multifaceted engineering and manufacturing company that provides drilling and completion equipment and services to the oil and gas industry. For more than 20 years, Tartan has followed the philosophy of engineering our products for simplicity, reliability, and ultimate performance. Our field service personnel are well trained and certified, and are able to perform safe and flawless services. Tartan’s knowledge and execution of service, add value to our customers’ operation. At Tartan, we continue to innovate, expand service offerings and grow; which ultimately allows Tartan to be a leader in the oilfield service and supply industry.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Tartan Energy Group currently has an opportunity for a Senior Product Manager who will work with our team based out of Wuxi, China. This position will have an international travel component of up to 50% with possible permanent relocation.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Develop/apply new methods/methodologies to an Artificial Intelligence related projects of Geo-Steering within the company
· Applying timely new technologies from industry to the products of both Drilling and Reservoir Formation Evaluation
· Collaborate with Technical advisors and developers to find opportunities to use company and industry sharable data to drive business solutions.
· Help PM design/plan the specific project, including project scope, contents, workflows, etc.
· Need code, test, and document for the new systems to create robust and scalable applications for on-Site use in the field. Also, need closely work with other programmers to develop other software modules designed
· Work with sales personals and customers for optimizing customer experiences
· Train/help/supervise junior engineers
· Other related works assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications Must-haves (minimum requirements):
· 3 to 5 years of proven experience in Geo-Steering of both software development and applying
· A Ph.D. of Geo-science or engineering with a focus in Petroleum Engineering
· Proven proficiency with Well Logging Interpretation, Fault Identification and Reservoir Evaluations
· Proven proficiency with knowledge of using Geo-Steering in Horizontal Well Drilling
· Proven proficiency with analytics scripting languages such as Python, R, SQL and statistical analysis environments such as MATLAB, SPSS or SAS
· A deep understanding of predictive modeling and statistical and stochastic concepts, machine learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and optimization algorithms
· Strong communication, dynamic and critical thinking, and story-telling ability (through data) to influence and propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you
· Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, commitments
· Ability to communicate verbally & written Mandarin is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $100,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
- Doctoral Degree (preferred)
- Geo-Steering Software Development: 3 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place