Senior Exploitation Engineer, Unconventional Center of Excellence - PetronasPopular on CamTrader
Jobs / Posted 3 weeks ago / 99 views
We want people who share our enthusiasm for curiosity and diversity of thought to join us on our journey. People who are passionate about what they do and will help build our company’s great future. In return, we’ll provide challenging work, professional development and competitive compensation.
PETRONAS Canada has a new opportunity for a Senior Exploitation Engineer to join the Unconventional Center of Excellence (UCOE) team in Calgary. Reporting to the Director, Subsurface and Technical, this position will support the evaluation, development and optimization of new and existing unconventional oil and gas assets within the company. Main responsibilities will include providing technical input for emerging exploration/exploitation prospects, developing long term development plans, and conducting technical evaluations on existing developments. This role will provide exposure to multiple unconventional opportunities within the global organization.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work with the Global asset teams and Local Canadian Asset Teams to provide technical support for current producing Unconventional assets: Provide technical evaluation and recommendations to optimize the current assets: such parent child impact/mitigation, well spacing evaluation, D&C design optimization opportunities, reservoir monitoring and surveillance evaluations
- Provide support to the asset evaluations engineering team in booking corporate reserves
- Support data science initiatives by helping to optimize workflows, conduct basic coding for
- Monitor on-going competitor activity within the unconventional sector and evaluate emerging exploration/exploitation prospects to help meet corporate objectives.
- Utilize competitor information to enhance and optimize internal well design, and improve capital efficiency
- Work with senior UCOE staff to conduct detailed technical evaluations and create full field development plans for emerging prospects to determine the optimum economic potential. Compile individual prospect capital cost assumptions, preparing forecasts and projections, identifying optimization opportunities and evaluate economic scenarios.
- Work with the multi-disciplinary UCOE team to determine the best possible technical interpretation and planning of a development prospect
- Conduct detailed technical research and provide data analysis to recommend cost-reduction initiatives and production/completion optimization opportunities
- Develop relationships with professional associations and unconventional industry peers to keep current on best practices and trends impacting development
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, with 10+ years of experience in a development or exploitation engineering role
- Strong working experience in Unconventional reservoirs with a focus on Shale Gas & oil (or Low perm tight reservoirs) is required.
- Programming experience in VBA, Python, R or MATLAB is favorable
- Must be proficient with economic analysis and full field development scenario creation. Strong working knowledge of ValNav or equivalent is required.
- Working knowledge and experience in Production decline analysis, Pressure Transient Analysis and Rate Transient analysis in unconventional reservoirs is a significant asset.
- Experience with building numerical models for reservoir simulation including programs such as CMG
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in GeoScout, Harmony, WellView, Windows and MS Office
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment within cross functional teams and effectively engage others in support of projects and initiatives
Job postings are typically only open for applications for two weeks so please submit your resume today.
Why Choose PETRONAS Canada:
- Competitive compensation and bonus programs
- Comprehensive benefits package, including a Health Spending Account
- Generous employer-matched savings plan
- Flexible work schedules for office employees, with the option of Friday afternoons off
- Vacation, flex, and designated office closure days
- Commitment to volunteerism in the communities in which we operate
- Annual company charity donation
- Support for training and professional development, including reimbursement of professional association dues
PETRONAS Canada would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations