Senior Development Engineer - Sinopec Canada
Jobs / Posted 2 weeks ago / 48 views
Senior Development Engineer
Sinopec Canada is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a major International upstream oil and gas company, Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation (SIPC) headquartered in Beijing, China. Sinopec Canada has been an active participant in the Canadian energy industry since 2005. Joining Sinopec Canada means becoming an important part of our team dedicated to making successful contributions to a sustainable future.
This is a Calgary-based position, with temporary virtual work arrangements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Primary Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, this position will be responsible for Development Engineering activities related to executing and delivering the annual work plan budget for Sinopec Canada’s static and non-core assets with a strong focus on maximizing cash flow from our producing assets through a variety of strategies and tactics. This includes coordinating and/or completing the technical analysis and economic evaluation to make the necessary value-added decisions on day-to-day operating matters within the constraints of company policy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and deliver the execution of the annual work plan budget for the various conventional and unconventional plays (operated and non-operated) in Sinopec Canada’s static and non-core asset base;
- Gather, prepare, and present technical and economic analysis and recommendations to attain internal approvals for various development activities throughout the budget year, including operated and non-operated development drilling, workovers, production optimization, abandonments; complete periodic project lookbacks;
- Coordinate and track execution project management for Asset Development program, actively steward capital spending and forecasting to ensure budget deliverables are maintained;
- Coordinate well inventory with all teams to ensure surface land readiness for upcoming drilling program;
- Manage the company AFE (Authority-For-Expenditure) process for Asset Development capital projects;
- Track and monitor well and field production performance, providing technical support to production and facility teams to improve production and cash flow performance;
- Support the monthly production forecasting process;
- Work with subsurface team to increase the size and quality of the opportunity inventory as input into the long term plan and annual work plan budget, as well as support the evaluation of poolings, deals, divestments for the static and non-core assets;
- Analyze & track area competitor activity and implement learnings into our development activity;
- Recommend new ideas or technology to continuously improve development strategies, completions/production optimization practices, and economic performance of the development program;
- Provide multi-disciplinary support to geology, subsurface/technical, mineral land, surface land, drilling, completions, facilities, and production operations teams;
- Work with reserves team to complete annual reserve assessments;
- Mentor junior staff;
- Meet Internal Controls and QMS documentation standards.
Position Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A thorough and innovative engineer with proven Western Canada Sedimentary Basin and conventional and unconventional development experience to well and project planning, design, evaluation, and execution, backed by a foundation of operations experience and subsurface engineering knowledge and skillsets. Ability to integrate with other disciplines, especially subsurface and operational teams;
- Strong organizational and project management skills, able to handle projects simultaneously, and the flexibility to adjust priorities as required;
- Excellent understanding of economic evaluation methods, risk assessment, project justification, and petroleum business structures. Experience with economic modeling software, preferably Mosaic;
- Good understanding of geology, petrophysics, drilling, well completion, production, and facilities disciplines and their related technologies. Horizontal well experience is a plus;
- Ability to meet deadlines and advance multiple projects concurrently;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with technical engineering applications, data analytics, and economic software (Microsoft Office, Accumap, Harmony Forecast and Reservoir, Tableau, Mosaic);
- Strong track record of taking initiative and showing leadership; easily building and executing a work plan;
- Demonstrate ability to understand and operate effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment;
- Displays a highlevel of integrity in all actions, complying with and promoting the company’s core values, a respectful work; environment, and aligning with the code of business conduct;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with all disciplines and management levels. Interactions with team members in positive, respectful, and enthusiastic ways;
- Highly organized presentations that are concise and illustrate clarity of thought and confidence.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited institution, Petroleum Engineering a plus;
- 10-15 years of progressive industry experience in conventional and unconventional plays with the majority of the exposure to development engineering. Additional operational experience is considered an asset;
- Professional Engineer designation accredited with APEGA;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Come work with us!
If you are looking for meaningful new challenges and have a solutions-oriented attitude, we want to hear from you. Join Sinopec Canada for a workplace filled with diversity, rewarding work, and opportunities to develop new skills and grow your career.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter on the careers section of our website, www.sinopeccanada.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest.
At Sinopec Canada, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so do not delay, apply now.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19