Senior Completions Engineer - Baytex Energy Ltd.
Jobs / / 121 views / Popular on CamTrader
Baytex is seeking a Senior Completions Engineer, with extensive experience specifically in large-scale multistage fracturing operations to join our Drilling and Completions team, in Calgary, Alberta.
The Senior Completions Engineer will be the subject matter expert (SME), in regards to frac designs and overall well completions. They will provide guidance for the engineering, design, and optimization of well completions on development and field delineation wells within Baytex Energy’s Duvernay asset.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact extensively with internal and external stakeholders to recommend optimum well completion stimulation designs and deliver industry-leading results. Frac analysis workflow should integrate inputs from subsurface (petrophysics, geology, reservoir engineering) and completions.
- Proactive collaboration with the asset to support the creation of new pad designs and well placements to optimize field development.
- Design and coordinate completion programs & AFE cost estimates. Provide technical support during the execution of the completions.
- Compile and present well lookbacks (cost and performance) and lessons learned.
- Provide completion engineering support to the asset team for financial and reserve evaluations.
- Research new technologies and offset/competitor wells to ensure continuous improvement and well performance advancement.
- Integrate into the asset team to understand and advance the full development of the Duvernay asset in a holistic manner with an understanding of its impact on well results, safety, cash flow and long-term asset value generation.
- An Engineer with a minimum of 15 years of recent completion engineering experience in a lead role is required. Ideally, a candidate with strong field experience so they can work directly with the field to guide their operations.
- A team player who is results-orientated, highly technical, and has an optimization mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Expert knowledge of AER regulations and industry practices pertaining to completions and specifically fracturing operations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both field and office staff, as well as service partners to implement new technologies and processes.
- Strong knowledge of all safety regulations and a proven track record of being a safety leader.
Why Choose Baytex:
o Because we Care about our people and their success.
o We support training and professional development to help advance your career.
o Competitive compensation, bonus, and incentive award programs.
o Comprehensive benefits package, including a Flex Spending Account.
o Generous employer-matched savings plan.
o We provide a flexible work environment that offers employees the opportunity for office and remote work.
o Vacation, flex, and designated office closure days.
Baytex thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: In person