Saturday NHL Loser Pool Is Back!Popular on CamTrader!
Other / Posted 6 days ago / 34 views
We have had snow on the ground (at least in Alberta), playoff baseball is on and golf clubs have been put away. This means hockey is back and so is the NHL Loser Pool.
We will start the first pool this year this Saturday October 12th. If you would like to play again please send me $20 or $40 (if you are willing to play in two pools this season). I will send out another email on Thursday with a schedule and likely one more reminder early Saturday.
The rules of the pool are below. If you would like to pass this on to friends/family/colleagues please CC me so I can add their email to my list.
· $20 entry fee. (can be sent as email transfer to this address)
o There will be at least two pools this year so you can send $40 if you plan to enter both.
· Each entry starts with three picks on the first Saturday. The idea is to pick three teams to LOSE.
· A loss is a loss. Shootout losses do count as losses.
· You may only pick a team ONCE throughout the duration of the pool.
· You are eliminated once you have lost all of your picks.
· Schedule will be sent out on Thursday and picks must be in before first game on Saturday. (Note- often games start as early as 10am)
· Results from each week will be sent out Monday.
· Depending on number of entries, at least the top 3 will be paid.
· Towards the end of the pool, Tuesdays and Thursdays will often be used to pick games to speed up the finish of the pool. This will be determined a couple weeks in advance for those who look ahead to plan future picks.
**NEW SIDE POT ADDED THIS YEAR FOR THE PERSON WHO ENDS UP THE MOST CUMMULATIVE PICKS FROM ALL POOLS THIS SEASON. LIKELY A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF POOL POT. THIS WILL REWARD PLAYERS WHO LAST THE LONGEST WITH THE MOST PICKS AND PLAY IN ALL POOLS THIS SEASON.
This will be the Ninth Season of the Loser Pool. In the previous eight years there have been a total of 23 pools. The most entries we have had in a pool is 99 so we are still looking to break 100. These pools can finish is as quick as 5 weeks or drag on well over 10 weeks.
Contact Jesse Bruni @ [email protected] to enter