Regional Account Manager - Western Canada HD Supply Canada, Inc.
Jobs / Posted 4 weeks ago / 46 views
Join our world-class sales team as a Regional Account Manager in Western Canada. With the support of our Regional Sales Leader, you will have the opportunity to grow a solid book of existing accounts and develop new business in our Multi-family customer vertical. You will have a major role in driving our path to championship growth.
- 5+ years B2B (business to business) sales experience in a similar industry
- Knowledge of facilities products such as hardware, electrical, lighting, plumbing, janitorial and HVAC product lines is a plus
- Strong history of success expanding current portfolios and developing new business
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and SalesForce.com or similar CRM is preferred
- Self-starter, ability to work remote with minimal supervision
- Proven track record of exceeding aggressive goals working in a remote position
- Advanced degree is not required
When you join HD Supply, you are joining one of the largest diversified wholesale distributors in North America. With a diverse portfolio of industry-leading businesses, HD Supply provides a broad range of products and services to help professional customers in the Infrastructure, Maintenance, Repair & Improvement and Specialty Construction markets. We focus on serving contractors, builders, maintenance professionals, government and municipal entities and industrial businesses, and provide our customers a superior supplier relationship backed by our long history of industry expertise, knowledgeable associates, and established reputation for top quality service. With approximately 44 DCs and 5500 associates across the United States and Canada, the opportunities for growth are limitless! Come Build Your Best Life with us!
Develops plans to increase new business Western Canada, and this position can reside in Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton. Builds relationships to drive sales and profitability for new accounts that are regional in scope and make regional purchasing decisions. Drives sales by creating, executing and communicating business plans to grow sales. Negotiates regional contracts consistent with industry management goals. Ensures effective implementation of regional account programs through all sales channels. Infrequent overnight travel is required.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Researches, develops and acquires account opportunities within targeted regional markets.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Regional customer base. Strategically plan customer visits to cultivate relationships, perform presentations, offer innovative programs, conduct business reviews, and communicate plans. Participates in local and regional trade associations and conferences.
- Develops and executes profitable business plans for managing accounts. Teams with sales and individuals other key corporate personnel to communicate account plans, pricing, and offer assistance to drive sales.
- Teams with sales and individuals other key corporate personnel to communicate account plans, pricing, and offer assistance to drive sales.
- Develops profitable business plans for newly acquired accounts and implements those plans effectively.
- Participates in local and regional trade associations and conferences.
Nature and Scope
- Displays the highest level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross department problems. Makes prompt, sound decisions when faced with complex and often contradictory alternatives that result in successful outcomes.
- Operates with considerable latitude. Situations may have little or no precedent requiring original or new concepts or approaches without guidance from others. Reaches decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- Develops or engages/directs others in developing innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems; cross department considerations are often present.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 8+ years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 5+ years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Knowledge in assigned product lines is preferred.
- Experience managing Regional or National Accounts in a Supply Chain environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Miller Heiman’s Strategic Selling and Large Account Management Process concepts.