Project Manager (Power & Storage Engineering) - TC Energy
Jobs / / 56 views
Determined. Imaginative. Curious. If these are some of the ways you describe yourself — we want to learn more about you! At TC Energy, we are Energy Problem Solvers — passionate about transitioning North America to cleaner energy while meeting the energy demands of today and tomorrow. If that sounds like a challenge you want to help tackle, we want you to join our team!
The Power & Energy Solutions Operations Engineering team is seeking a knowledgeable and self-motivated Project Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and based out of our Calgary, AB head office, this position will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the proposal, development, execution, and completion of capital projects for the Power and Energy Solutions operating asset base.
As a Project Manager, project performance will be measured on the individual’s ability to deliver the team’s capital program on schedule, within budget and in compliance with TC Energy’s Project Delivery Standards. This position is a key contributor to the efficient operational management and continuous improvement planning at all of TC Energy’s power plants and gas storage facilities.
What you’ll do
- Lead the full lifecycle development of the Operations-based capital project program (i.e. plant modifications, safety-driven enhancements, reliability and obsolescence upgrades)
- Work closely with other groups and leads from Engineering, Projects, Operations, Commercial, Supply Chain, Compliance, Legal and other internal/external stakeholders to plan, organize and execute complex capital projects
- Provide strong technical, project management, organizational, and communication skills and will develop the systems, processes and tools required to plan and execute outages
- Develop or coordinate project feasibility valuations, cost estimates, decision summaries, risk analyses, conceptual plans, and preliminary and detailed design work scopes
- Coordinate with Operations and Engineering to develop and execute project scopes, budgets, execution plans, schedules, resource requirements, permit applications, commissioning plans, turnover plans, pre-startup safety reviews and training where appropriate
- Create project execution plans to encompass schedule, budget, resource requirements, permits and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate or direct the work of external consultants and contractors both in the office and on-site during project execution
- Provide leadership and influence in the continuous development of project management tools and processes
- Provide project management services in support of Power and Energy Solutions asset management initiatives
- Make independent decisions and communicate recommendations to management and other affected parties in a way that fosters consensus and facilitates efficient outcomes
- Post-Secondary degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineer designation with APEGA (or an equivalent governing body in Canada)
- 8-10 years of progressive relevant experience in power generation and/or gas storage facilities (i.e. installation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance)
- Previous brownfield project management experience
- Proficient in reading and understanding key mechanical and electrical discipline drawings including P&IDs, piping isometrics, general arrangements, Single Line Diagrams, equipment lists
- Demonstrated familiarity with project management principles and practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to provide and present timely and relevant feedback / reporting to various stakeholders
- Proven experience working independently to organize, plan, coordinate, and manage multiple projects simultaneously including providing field support during project execution
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer systems and software applications with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project
- Experienced with change management processes, policies, and principles
- Recognized certificate or diploma in Project Management
- Previous SAP experience
This Position Requires Candidates To:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a driver’s abstract (record) for review
- Travel to field sites up to approximately 20% of the work year
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. #LI-Hybrid
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting [email protected]