Production Engineer - Tundra Oil & Gas Limited
Jobs / / 94 views / Popular on CamTrader
Tundra is seeking a Production Engineer based out of the Virden, Manitoba or Calgary, Alberta office. The incumbent in this role will be eligible to participate in Tundra’s hybrid work schedule.
A Production Engineer (PE) is responsible for the efficient and cost-effective execution of the annual Development Plan. A PE is one member of a three-person team working with an Exploitation Engineer and Geologist to drive value and development planning over a prescribed area. Responsibilities also include monitoring onstream timing and production volumes by working with Specialty Teams such as Drilling, Completions, Facilities, and Field Operations.
Some specific duties, and responsibilities of a Production Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Gather, analyze and present costs and scope for development operations at project approval meetings. This includes well equipping, facilities, completions, and drilling plans.
- Act as a lead role and liaison between the Area Team and Field Operations. The PE represents Field Operations while working with the area team.
- Proactive participation and implementation of all Company Safety Policies and Practices.
- Monitor and optimize production rates vs budget/target on existing wells.
- Equip, start-up, and monitor production rates vs budget/target on all new wells within the area.
- Monitor, model, and optimize existing artificial lift systems to extend run life.
- Conduct reviews and make recommendations for interventions on well or lift failures.
- Interact regularly with Operations to maintain appropriate well testing on existing, new, and worked over wells.
- Recognize well production issues, develop workover plans, economics analyses, and assist with workover programs and cost estimates.
- Continually monitor existing waterfloods, look for optimizations in both producers and injectors to improve conformance and performance of the flood. Execute workovers within the waterfloods as required and research/trial new technologies that could extract more value.
- Work with the Exploitation Engineer and Geologist to identify future injection well conversions that would progress the existing waterfloods.
- Artificial lift designs, alternatives, cost comparisons on new and existing wells.
- Research, evaluate and implement new artificial lift pumping systems and other technologies.
- Assist with completion program development on new wells.
- Understand Production Engineering related operating cost drivers and assist Operations with monitoring and managing operating costs.
- Monitor gathering system pressures and evaluate production restrictions.
- Monitor fluid processing capability and proactively ensure adequate water disposal capability.
- Assist with Field development and implementation of Team Capital Program.
- Assist to ensure production operations remain in compliance with regulations.
- Other related duties as required.
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Engineering Degree or Petroleum Technology Diploma
- 7-15 years of relevant PE experience is required.
- Hold a Professional Engineering designation (P. Eng) and be in good standing with regulatory body.
- Exposure to waterfloods, waterflood facilities and waterflood pattern monitoring would be a definite asset.
- Skills in coding and/or data analytics would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications as well as third party software is essential.
- Ability to complete all company required training:
- First Aid
- Other courses as required.
- Results driven with a history of delivering high quality technical work.
- Adapts well to changing priorities that meet organizational needs.
- High attention to detail is required.
- Possess a high level of proficiency in both oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional environment, in ways that motivate and encourage team members.
- Takes initiative to ensure timelines are achieved.
- Demonstrates accountability and integrity in decision making.
- Good project management skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime, when necessary.
- Regular travel is expected to both our Field Office and Calgary Office, depending on home base location, approximately one week per month.
- Adhere to Tundra’s HSE Management System and Loss Control Programs.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your application by end of day, December 17th, 2023.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.