Production Engineer - Long Run Exploration Ltd.
Jobs / Posted 4 weeks ago / 111 views / Popular on CamTrader
Full Job Description
Long Run Exploration is a Calgary based intermediate oil company focused on light-oil and natural gas development in western Canada. Long Run Exploration offers a positive work environment that emphasizes employee engagement in a creative and cooperative work culture.
Reporting to Manager, Production, we are currently looking to fill the following contract based position:
- Production Engineer
- Daily accountabilities: review current production rates and downtime. Communicate with the field regarding well, facility and cost performance. Identify any weakness and/or optimization opportunities
- Detailed area and well reviews with a focus on reactivating shut in wells and maintaining base production rate, identifying recompletion opportunities, and reducing operating costs
- Well evaluations: log interpretation, decline analysis, stimulation recommendation, wellbore modelling, and artificial lift performance
- Production operation evaluations: pipeline modelling, compression optimization, oil and gas treating and processing, metering and measurement
- Work with exploitation, completions, and facilities to identify, evaluate and execute on optimization opportunities; both surface and downhole
- Monitor, evaluate and optimize operating costs through review of lease operating statements and collaboration with operations staff
- Joint Venture: identify and capitalize on opportunities to capture 3rd party revenue and maximize throughput at Long Run operated facilities with gas processing, emulsion treating and water disposal arrangements. Review and approve monthly third party processing bills (JIB’s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum Engineering. Petroleum Technologists will also be considered.
- Must have a minimum 6 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, the majority of experience should be as a production or exploitation engineer.
- Experience with Geoscout, Mosaic, Excel, and other business analytic tools.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift