Production Engineer - Canadian Natural
Jobs / Posted 1 week ago / 11 views
Are you a highly motivated self-starter with a demonstrated track record of executing high quality work? If so, Canadian Natural has an amazing team waiting for you. As a Production Engineer, you will work with members of your team to maximize the profitability of an area by optimizing production, operating cost and capital efficiency.
- Work with asset team members (Exploitation, Exploration, Land and Field Operations) to set, monitor and meet production targets while optimizing production and maximizing value within operating budgets
- Advance Canadian Natural’s development and exploration projects by providing preliminary scoping and design for proposed facilities, pipeline construction and upgrades and by working with Field Operations and Facilities teams to finalize these designs
- Research, evaluate and recommend abandonment and completion/workover candidates focusing on inactive wells to maximize the company’s oil (waterflood) and natural gas production
- Provide cost estimates for and approve AFEs and mail ballots for wells and facilities, and check and approve related invoicing
- Liaise with Production Accounting, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Joint Ventures and Commercial Operations as required
- Encourage safety awareness to prevent accidents within operations
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s relocation policy
- This is a safety sensitive position
- This role requires regular travel to the field
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of industry experience with Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA as a P. Eng.
- Strong knowledge of completions, workovers and production facilities & pipelines
- Familiarity with and understanding of: Surface and down hole production operations (oil and natural gas), Water flooding, Artificial lift methods, Property evaluations
Successful applicants must provide acceptable evidence of being fully immunized against COVID-19 (two doses of Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, plus 14 days after your second vaccination) before a start date can be set.
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural” – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is October 17, 2021. Apply now!