Petroleum Engineer - Beyond Energy Services & Technology Corp.
Jobs / / 130 views / Popular on CamTrader
Beyond Energy is looking for an Engineer to join our Calgary team!
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and we believe in the development of our employees; promoting internal training and advancement opportunities.
About the Role
The Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing MPD programs, interfacing with both present and prospective clients, as well as contribute to ongoing projects within the engineering department of Beyond Energy Services.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Preparing quick look assessments for new clients, analyzing the appropriate application of Beyond Energy’s MPD equipment and expertise to each specific well or drilling campaign.
- Creating MPD programs, leveraging MPD knowledge and modeling wellbore hydraulics to incorporate MPD operations into client drilling programs and well designs for narrow window wells, sour wells, wells with sensitive formations, and performance drilling applications.
- Specifying appropriate MPD equipment and operations that adhere to client design parameters, assisting clients to achieve well objectives.
- Interfacing regularly with client engineers and superintendents, as well as field staff and third-party services.
- Providing ongoing engineering and operations support, monitoring real time operations to ensure adherence to the MPD program, maintaining field reporting documentation, and generating engineering reports.
- Facilitating after action reviews with clients and producing end of well/pad reports to capture lessons learned and best practices.
- Meeting customer drilling schedules by providing after-hours engineering support as needed.
- Travelling to customer’s locations and field support of on-going operations as needed.
- Working with management to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives throughout the engineering department and company.
- Exemplify the corporate B.E.S.T. Practices in all aspects of their work.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology
- 3-5+ years of direct MPD or engineering experience focusing on drilling
- Strong Excel and MS Office skills
Preferred qualifications include:
- Drilling & Completions field experience
- Proficient in Excel with knowledge in Visual Basic and the ability to write macros
- Well Control, H2S Alive, First Aid, and other applicable safety/field tickets
To find out more, please visit us at https://beyondmpd.com
Beyond Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We would like to thank all those that apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- What are your salary expectations?
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Drilling Engineering: 2 years (preferred)
- Managed Pressure Drilling: 2 years (preferred)
- Field: 1 year (preferred)