National Account Manager - MRC GlobalPopular on CamTrader
Jobs / Posted 3 weeks ago / 188 views
MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for a National Account Manager.
Job Purpose: Responsible for execution and achievement of established financial goals; accountable for facilitating the strategy, approach, and relationship development with contractual MRC Global customers through personal involvement, project proposals, and presentations.
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work with Branch/Regional management and National Accounts teams to develop strategic business plans, assist with proposals, contract research and negotiation, and implementation of sales strategies to achieve sales growth;
- Drive effective partnership with Branch/Regional operations; communicate to deepen understanding of customer business processes, buying procedures, and expectations for service;
- Coordinate MRC Global activities-including pricing, service, billing, systems implementation, MRC Global specific software training, and other areas-with customer representatives;
- Achieve maximum profitability by meeting or exceeding gross margin goals through effective negotiation;
- Deliver superior service through consultative sales, preparing quality presentation materials, conducting demonstrations, detailing products and cost savings, determining customer needs and requirements, and offering solutions;
- Research and develop information on new projects;
- Develop knowledge of customer needs, to include technical requirements, production volume and schedules, targeted pricing, applicable contract requirements, and competitive analysis;
- Ensure contractual compliance that may require difficult conversations surrounding deviations from contractual agreements in partnership with management;
- Identify and communicate work in process, threats, opportunities, and related market trends as appropriate;
- Develop and continually improve product knowledge, pricing, and MRC Global systems, procedures, and strategy;
- Travel extensively to meet customers and to aggressively serve as the source for customers’ required information, maintaining consistent contact with customers;
- Develop customer retention strategies by consistently illustrating MRC Global’ s value proposition in conjunction with evolving customer needs;
- Attend branch and regional meetings; Share information; Instill vision and create enthusiasm to achieve goals;
- Partner with branch and other internal resources to investigate and resolve all customer complaints promptly. Evaluate source of problem and follow to resolution;
- Advocate and engage in promotion and maintenance of safety initiatives;
- Exercise care in all activities; demonstrate safety leadership; address and report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately;
- Carry out other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job;
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Any combination of four or more years in customer service, inside/outside sales in a position with increasing responsibility, to include demonstrated sales negotiation experience;
- Ability to develop knowledge of PVF and segment specific materials and understand scope of services to include pricing, supply, and contract terms;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others in one to one or group situations;
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently as needed, to include occasional overnight stays;
- Valid Driver’s license with the ability to meet the MRC Global vehicle policy.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.