Mechanical Technologist/Designer/Drafter - Kobold Completions
Jobs / / 51 views
From $60,000 a year
DCS / DEC (Required)
PDM system administration: 2 years (Required)
SolidWorks design: 1 year (Required)
Downhole tool design: 2 years (Preferred)
Document management systems: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Kobold is a global provider of advanced well completion technologies and services for the Oil and Gas industry. We specialize in coil-conveyed technology for well completions and remediation. Kobold’s management team is back by decades of knowledge and experience in the international Oil and Gas Industry. With decades of R&D behind them, the team has authored and been named on more than 182 patents.
We are currently looking for a Calgary, AB based Mechanical Engineering Technologist/ Designer/ Draftsperson to be an integral part of our Engineering team.This role will be responsible for providing mechanical design and drafting expertise towards the group’s objectives. The successful candidate with have a positive attitude with an innate sense of curiosity and the willingness to deliver in a responsive and timely manner. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and energetic individual looking to advance their career with a fast-growing company.
- Conceptual and detailed design of leading edge oilfield equipment;
- Work closely with design and project engineers to create high quality SolidWorks CAD files;
- Administration of SolidWorks PDM system with links to an ERP system.
- Develop and manage CAD templates and PDM workflows;
- Manage assigned projects from concept through final design.
- Participate in design reviews with senior management.
- Develop validation plans, test procedures and assist with final reports.
- Assistance with shop testing activities in support of R&D and sustaining engineering projects;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skilled in the use of SolidWorks design & strong experience in PDM products and Microsoft Office software;
- Understanding of mechanical drafting standards;
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the application of mechanical engineering principles;
- Solid understanding of industry materials and manufacturing methods;
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong work ethic;
- Thorough and accurate, with consistent attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate effectively with the full cross-section of the Kobold team.
Education and Experience
- Diploma from an accredited Post-Secondary Institution in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET), Mechanical Design Technology (MDT), or Engineering Design and Drafting Technology (EDDT).
- Downhole tool design experience is an asset;
- Experience specific to oil and gas industry equipment as well as knowledge of associated manufacturers and equipment suppliers will be considered a significant asset,
- SolidWorks Associate Certification would be a significant asset.
Kobold believes that ensuring diversity is fundamental to its future growth and progress and is an integral part of its business activities. We recognize and encourage the uniqueness of individual contribution within a team environment is fundamental to the Company and its employment policies. Our philosophy is found in all aspects of employment such as recruitment, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, and benefits. All employees at the Company will be treated as individuals according only to their abilities to meet job requirements
If this opportunity excites you and you are looking to advance your career and grow with our company, please submit your resume in confidence. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted, please no phone calls.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Do you live in Calgary, Alberta?
- DCS / DEC (required)
- Downhole tool design: 2 years (preferred)
- PDM system administration: 2 years (required)
- Document management systems: 3 years (preferred)
- SolidWorks design: 1 year (required)