Manager, Exploitation West Lake Energy Corp,Popular on CamTrader
Jobs / Posted 2 weeks ago / 101 views
West Lake Energy Corp. is a privately owned, intermediate producer with core assets located in Lloydminster, Provost and Brazeau areas. West Lake’s strategy is to grow its production base through organic drilling complemented with focused acquisitions. West Lake applies advanced drilling and completion techniques, which has allowed its wells to achieve compelling economic returns at sustained low oil prices. West Lake continues to execute on a material multi-year drilling program.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager, Exploitation. Reporting to the COO, this position is based in Calgary and provides the opportunity for a full range of responsibilities including the following:
- Development and maintenance of the overall asset development plans for West Lake Energy.
- Maintenance of corporate reserves.
- Lead, mentor and develop exploitation team members to deliver on area activity, production and reserve targets.
- Formulate adn execute development plans to meet or exceed expected deliverables.
- Assess risks at various stages of the project and make decisions by incorporating inputs from all disciplines.
- Actively steward capital spending and forecasting to ensure spending remains within budget and well economics are maintained.
- Assess, grow and maximize the value of area assets for all exploration and development activities.
- Recommend new technologies or cost-saving initiatives to continuously improve our program.
- Assess and implement secondary recovery programs.
- Work closely with field staff and production engineers to optimize existing production and provide support for certain operations activities.
- Provide technical and economic evaluations of the assets and evaluate competitor results and other area play types to help understand regional results and opportunities.
- Coordinate and review annual reserve estimates and defend at audit.
- Provide reservoir surveillance of properties and make recommendations for optimizing production rates and reserves.
- Provide reserves assessments outside of core asset areas and prepare quarterly reports.
- Ensure the reservoir engineering practice follows rule and ethics set by Professional Associations.
- Provide leadership within the Company to create and promote a positive and high-performance work environment.
- 15+ years of oil and gas industry experience with 5+ years in an exploitation leadership role.
- B.SC. in Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered with APEGA as a P.Eng. in good standing.
- Strong evaluation skills in value determination of oil and gas properties.
- Exceptional understanding of reservoir engineering techniques, well forecast methodology, reservoir studies and economic analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of reservoir and exploitation engineers.
- Ability to lead and work within a multi-disciplinary team with individuals of various technical backgrounds.
- Strategic and results oriented, decisive and self motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit a resume no later than October 19, 2021. Please include the job title in the subject heading.
West Lake Energy thanks all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-10-19
Expected start date: 2021-11-01
Job Type: Full-time
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
Daily Health Assessment, Proof of Vaccination for Work Site Entry, Mask Wearing, Work Remote Option.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19