How to Adjust Office Chairs
Articles / / 251 views / Popular on CamTrader
December 5, 2021
One of the most essential pieces of furniture in a good workstation is the office chair. This is because office chairs are designed specifically for a number of reasons, including providing the right comfort to perform their everyday duties. Therefore, when you invest in any office chair, you need a chair that is considered to be fully adjustable.
With that being said, here are some instructions that address how to adjust office chairs.
Factors to Consider When Buying a New Office Chair
Based on the previous information that you have read over the years, you may or may not have access to the most accurate information. In some cases, the information that you have read may even be outdated or completely incorrect. For instance, you cannot choose an office chair for the ‘average person’s height, weight or etc.. Instead, you need to focus on buying an office chairs based on its adjustability, particularly since your office chair should be designed to suit 90% of the overall population. Simply put, you need to buy a chair that is fully adjustable. Here are some of the key specifications that you must consider before making your investment.
- When an individual sits down in an office chair, it must be easy to operate. For example, you must be able to adjust your chair properly without having to stand up and adjust it up or down.
- The seat that you buy must be adjustable in at least 2 different ways. Therefore, you need to check and see if you can adjust your chair for tilt and for height.
- The seat should not put any pressure on your back, knees or thighs.
- Look for a seat that has been designed with a front edge. And, this front edge must be formed in a curve towards the floor.
- The fabric in your office chair’s seat must be made of breathable and non-slippery fabric materials. You should avoid chair seats that’s made of slippery materials.
- The backrest of your chair must be shaped in a design that always support your lower back.
- You need make sure the office chair is designed with a stable five-point base.
- Make sure that you are only investing in an office chair that is designed particularly for the type of flooring inside of your office space.
- Your office chair must be made with a swivel mechanism.
- Your armrests must be designed in a manner that can be adjusted to the height of your own elbow. When designed correctly, your arms will be made in 90 degree angle.
- Only invest in an office chair that has armrests. This armrests, however, should be made in a form that allows you to move freely without any unnecessary constraints.
Adjusting the Arm Rest
When you adjust your arm rest, you need to make sure that your shoulders are relaxed, at the height of your elbow and positioned at a 90 degree angle. If this adjustment is not made properly, you may be sitting in a position that forces you to slouch or sit too low for prolonged periods of time.
Over the years, there have been some controversial issues about buying an adjustable chair without an arm rest. One of the most notable concerns is not being able to sit close enough to the desk. On the other hand, some people do not want to sit for prolong times without having a place to rest your arms.
Adjust the Height of Your Office Chair
Adjusting the height on your office chair is also an issue of concern that needs to be addressed. To make the appropriate adjustments, one of the first things that you should do is to stand in the front of your chair. And, from this position, adjust the highest point of the seat to fit just below your knee cap.
Once you have completed this part of the adjustment, sit in the seat, and then place your feet flat on the floor.