Engineering Technician, Reserves and Budget - Sinopec Canada
Jobs / Posted 2 weeks ago / 69 views
Primary Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Supervisor, Reserves this position is responsible for providing support to technical staff in the annual budget and year end reserves evaluation processes, updating monthly production forecasts, and administering the Mosaic reserves and budgeting software. This is a temporary role for approximately 18 months to cover a leave of absence.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with various departments within the organization to compile financial, land, and engineering data for 3rd party year end reserve evaluation
- Perform internal reserves evaluation of non-core properties and review 3 rd party evaluations including decline analysis, analyzing lease operating statements, and calculating economic inputs; engaging asset teams as necessary
- Work with asset teams to update monthly production forecasts for the budget, including scheduling downtime and updating shrinkage, GOR, and NGL yields
- Prepare monthly production forecast reports and reconciliation of variance between monthly production forecast and annual budget, following fixed templates and procedures
- Work with engineers and production accounting to resolve volume variances between PVR and accounting sales estimates
- Complete various reports, templates, and PowerPoint presentations relating to Reserves or Budget as required by company headquarters
- Provide Mosaic technical support for all users, administer database settings, user profiles and permissions; coordinate software updates including database outages and testing new releases, and perform general troubleshooting
- Update price forecasts and economic cases in Mosaic databases
- Provide project support to technical staff in other departments which may include geological work, gathering, verifying, and compiling drilling and completion data, etc.
Position Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with NI51-101 and COGEH reserves regulations and procedures
- Expert level Mosaic proficiency with administration experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with other industry software including Accumap, CS Explorer, Qbyte, and Tableau is considered an asset
- Strong ability to manage workload and meet timelines with changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills demonstrating a thorough, detailed and efficient work style
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written)
- High level of integrity in all actions, complying with and promoting the company’s core values, a respectful work environment, and aligning with the code of business conduct
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work well in a diverse and multi-cultural environment
- Completion of a one or two year post-secondary program related to petroleum engineering
- 3-5 years of industry experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2 or more years’ experience in reserves evaluation
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin (written and verbal) is considered an asset;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Come work with us!
If you are looking for meaningful new challenges and have a solutions-oriented attitude, we want to hear from you. Join Sinopec Canada for a workplace filled with diversity, rewarding work, and opportunities to develop new skills and grow your career.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter on the careers section of our website, www.sinopeccanada.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest.
At Sinopec Canada, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so do not delay, apply now.
Contract length: 18 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- industry: 3 years (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19