Engineer - Production Engineering - CNOOC International
Jobs / / 39 views
This is a Calgary-based position that requires occasional visits to the Long Lake field site. The position is within the Production Engineering team in the Long Lake Operations Group and the successful candidate will report to the Manager of Production Engineering.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team to monitor, analyze, and optimize SAGD well production.
- Develop and maintain digital tools and analytics workflows to improve the efficiency of the production engineering team.
- Support our culture of innovation, bringing forward ideas to improve production, ensure safety and compliance, and reduce cost.
- Lead or support trials and small projects as required.
- Perform routine production engineering duties for a given well set: target setting, well tests, monthly data validation, etc.
- Identify instrumentation and other equipment that requires troubleshooting. Provide guidance to site engineers and maintenance staff to allow appropriate prioritization of work.
- Steward the workover process on assigned wells, including economic evaluations. Interface with the artificial lift and completions teams to ensure successful workover planning and execution.
- Steward the month-end production data validation process required for production accounting purposes. Provide direction to junior staff and students who assist with this process.
- Authenticate over-pressure-protection (OPP) professional work products – applicable for P.Eng only
- Provide production engineering support to development projects: production forecasting, wellbore hydraulics, completion design, KPT tables, etc.
- Support site engineers with daily production reporting process. Assume responsibility for process during on-call coverage or while providing site vacation coverage.
- Participate in Process Safety Management activities (MOC, PHA/HAZOP, PSSR, etc.)
Who are we looking for?
As the ideal candidate, you will thrive in our dynamic work environment by displaying a positive attitude and the flexibility necessary to manage multiple priorities and challenges. It goes without saying that you have a zero-tolerance attitude towards shortcuts and are uncompromising when it comes to ensuring tasks are done safely. The following skills, competencies and qualifications will position you for future success with CNOOC International:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- APEGA registered P. Eng preferred; at minimum APEGA registered E.I.T.
- 2+ years of SAGD experience preferred
- Displays a strong personal commitment to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- Strong coding ability required (R and/or Python)
- High-level of proficiency in business-intelligence software (Spotfire, PowerBI) an asset
- Displays honesty and integrity in all interactions and decisions
- Works in a collaborative style and actively seeks to build networks
- Shares knowledge and participates in joint initiatives and problem-solving activities
- Works well under pressure and delivers timely results
- Able to balance multiple assignments and prioritize effectively
- Able to work independently
- Committed to organizational and technical excellence
- Working knowledge of all relevant codes, standards & regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Pro, document control and drawing management systems
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada
All positions require background checks which could include:
- Criminal police record check
- Education verification
- Credential verification
All Safety Sensitive positions could include:
- Drug & Alcohol testing
- Pre-access medical testing
- Drivers’ abstract for last 3 years
- Completion of CSO (Common Safety Orientation) online course