Account Manager THE ALBERTA NEW HOME WARRANTY PROGRAM
Jobs / Posted 3 weeks ago / 31 views
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies (“the Program”), is Alberta’s most experienced and most trusted new home warranty provider. As Alberta’s leader in new home warranty products and services for over 45 years, we continue to raise the bar to meet the needs of new homeowners and our Builder Members.
We’re building our team and are looking for an Account Manager to help manage and deliver a superior customer experience for our home builders.
Reporting to the Customer Engagement Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for being an internal “expert” on our customer base, ensuring customer satisfaction metrics are met and exceeded, and that revenue and growth goals are empowered through a superior understanding of customer experience drivers and needs.
With an understanding of The Program’s vision and mission, the Account Manager’s primary responsibility is to identify customer needs and promote appropriate solutions to existing and prospective customers in order to achieve profitable growth, drive customer satisfaction, and advance the corporate brand through superior delivery of our products and services.
You’ll be part of the Customer Solutions (sales) team and be responsible for Key Account Management, including achieving sales and satisfaction goals. As part of a Growth Acceleration group you will also bring your customer insights fully-forward into helping develop in-demand products and services that will seek to enhance density and utilization within all customer segments. As an employee within the organization, and in the greater industry-at-large, you will represent and demonstrate our organization’s values at an exemplary level. Ideally, you’re a strong collaborator with disciplined account management skills, all underscored by a positive and supportive attitude and approach. You’ve had experience successfully managing high profile accounts and have a keen and enthusiastic interest in understanding the customer journey.
This role requires a self-starter and leader who can turn customer insights into operational improvements, and you’re comfortable handling customer challenges and pressure. You are a goal-oriented individual who can get things done, but you also understand that it takes a team to do so, and as such you’re comfortable working with colleagues to contribute, delegate, and support as necessary. Further, you’re comfortable in a digital-forward environment, and have had solid experience operating within a sales-based CRM to drive account planning and growth.
Primary Job duties:
- The role interacts with customers and colleagues at all levels and provides strategic advice and input regarding customer solutions, customer engagement, business development, and operational improvements for Builder Members.
- Contribute as member of the Customer Solutions team and engage with members to ensure Builder Member relationships are acquired, retained, and enhanced.
- Responsible for participating in Key Account Management strategies across the Builder Member portfolio, focusing on providing agile and value-added service and support while growing customer value.
- Meet monthly key performance indicators (KPI‘s)
Revenue and Growth:
- Responsible for customer acquisition and retention processes in our homebuilder customer segments
- Responsible for the achievement of key customer satisfaction and growth metrics, including Membership
- Work with Marketing teams to deliver product/service diversification and market-share growth strategies, including new Member acquisition
- Actively promote the services of The Professional Home Builders Institute (“PHBI”) and work with PHBI to grow utilization within the Membership
- Alert the Manager, Risk & Underwriting of any builders or industry organizations who are encountering business problems which may impact the Organization or New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (“NHWICC”).
- Work with Marketing to ensure that prerequisites (like Point of Sales materials, campaign requirements, and homeowner supports) are fulfilled within a timely manner and are created to meet customer preferences
- Create a consistently respectful, responsive, and positive experience for customers in a way that drives meaningful loyalty, retention and mutual value creation
- Solve Builder Member account issues as they arise, supporting all departments in resolving concerns on Member-related issues
- Bring innovative best practices to enhance the Organization’s competency and position within the customer experience space
- Use data and engagement to identify new concepts for products and services and work with other Managers and the Customer Solutions Team to find ways to upsell or cross-sell to increase revenue and build brand awareness
- Work with Operations teams to assess customer needs and requirements and develop and deliver cohesive projects that improve our operations through more efficient procedures and systems
- Aid in the development of new products, including communicating ideas for new product development or modification to current products.
- Build relationships with key industry stakeholders; attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels and work with marketing on strategies and actions that will lead to an increase in retention and the Organization’s visibility
- Using knowledge of customers, market, and competitors, identify and develop the Organization’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Represent the Organization in line with the corporate brand, values and behaviors.
- Use tangible customer insights and new systems and procedures to amplify productivity, which may include organizational changes to make these processes more efficient
- Routinely collect and report relevant information about competition and marketing activities such as competitive product offerings and pricing practices as well as customer dynamics affecting business
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the Organization’s CRM and work with relevant departments to ensure the CRM is constantly adapted to improve efficiency
- Understand and integrate industry trends and insights to modify and improve forecasts and the identification of opportunities and risks
- Develop, implement, train and maintain up-to-date guidelines, processes and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Academic background in communications, marketing, digital marketing or equivalent experience
- Level 1 General Insurance Agent – currently licenced/required within 90 days of employment
- 5+ years’ in account management and relationship development in a high performance sales team in residential home warranty, insurance, or a related industry
- Experience in documenting and managing customer experience
- Experience as a member of a cross-functional management team
- Experience using CRMs (Salesforce and Dyanmics365 preferred)
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
Knowledge: (market, business, technical, operational, job specific)
- Strong general knowledge of homebuilders and homeowners, and the homebuilding industry-at-large
- Strong knowledge of construction practices is an asset
- Understand structured sales processes
- Project management skills are an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and adapt to a variety of situations
- Excellent judgment, reasoning and problem resolution skills
Interested applicants should forward their resume quoting “Account Manager” in the subject line.
Only those candidates being considered for interview will be contacted. This position is based in Calgary, Alberta.
Reference ID: Account Manager
Application deadline: 2020-10-11
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- account management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19