Account Manager, Lng Canadian NorthPopular on CamTrader
Jobs / Posted 4 weeks ago / 162 views
Position(s) Available: 1 (Full Time)
Other Details: Reporting to Senior Director. Charters
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Post Secondary Education (2 years);
- Five (5) years of previous experience;
- Previous Charter airline experience;
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision or direction;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communication;
- Proven ability to effectively handle diverse and challenging situations;
- Ability to manage priorities and conflicting demands;
- Well organized, detail orientated, capable of multitasking;
- On call availability and willingness to travel regularly, as required;
- Management experience considered an asset;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite is required;
- Ability to communicate in an Indigenous language (Inuktitut preferred) considered an asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the Company’s Safety Management System program and demonstrate knowledge of employee responsibilities regarding safety;
- Primary point of contact within Contractor organization with operational and account responsibility for the set-up of LNG(ONEC-OLK) charter requests and for all operational planning, operational execution and for recovery (IROP) issues involving the LNG(ONEC-OLK) charter program including (but not limited to);
- Ensuring the operational objectives of the LNG(ONEC-OLK) FIFO programs are met including exceptional On Time Performance (OTP) through effective management of Contractor and its sub-contractor’s resources;
- Determine routing assignments for each aircraft operated by Canadian North, or its subcontractors, taking configuration, airport requirements and maintenance needs into consideration;
- Participate in fleet planning in regards to heavy maintenance requirements and identify problems and recommend solutions to minimize or alleviate negative impacts on LNG(ONEC-OLK) charter service;
- 24-hour availability, either direct to LNG(ONEC-OLK) or to another contractor employee with the authority and competence, to act for the contractor in managing issues raised by authorized members of LNG(ONEC-OLK);
- Liaison with Manager, OCC and Supervisor, OCC on all changes to the operations and communicate any issues directly with LNG(ONEC-OLK) Transportation Coordinator if time is of the essence;
- Advise LNG(ONEC-OLK) of opportunities to improve load factors by analyzing manifests, and proposing for LNG(ONEC-OLK) approval, potential savings or efficiencies that can be realized by gauge changes or by combining flights, etc.;
- Develop and disseminate Irregular Operation Policy (IROP) recovery plans working in conjunction with OCC and LNG(ONEC-OLK) Transportation Coordinator(s);
- Identify problem areas and trends in OTP, recommend and participate in implementing changes.
- Negotiate, coordinate and manage all operational logistics aspects of the LNG(ONEC-OLK) FIFO program including; off-line station contracts, fuel contracts, liaison with airport authorities.
- Coordination with regulatory authorities;
- Liaise with LNG(ONEC-OLK) on requirements and expectations – especially with respect to planning and executing flight schedule as agreed;
- Provide supervisory support to all Charter Specialists through all phases of LNG(ONEC-OLK) operations;
- Provide support and reports to the Senior Director, Charters and LNG(ONEC-OLK) contacts on LNG(ONEC-OLK) flight programs;
- Manage and execute applicable Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements for LNG(ONEC-OLK) air charter transportation;
- Manage Continuous improvement component of SLA in an ongoing effort to improve products, services or processes. Implement and assist in the management of any workforce logistics solutions’ platform(s).
- Manage all of LNG(ONEC-OLK)’s requirements and reach the company’s targets and objectives;
- Establish budgets with the client and company;
- Identify new opportunities for LNG (ONEC-OLK);
- Manage and solve conflicts with client and internal stakeholders;
- Interact and coordinate with the sales team and other staff members in other departments;
- Meet time deadlines for all accounts.
- Travel as necessary (to site) – Terrace/Kitimat and other LNG(ONEC-OLK) Hubs (Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna, Vancouver, Nanaimo and others added to the program);
- Other duties as assigned.