HIRING - Administration & Accounting Coordinator (8 Visits)
Files & Attachments
Movac Mobile Vacuum Services Ltd. (Movac) is a privately owned, Canadian-based oilfield service company with over two decades of industry experience. As a major competitor in the oil and gas service industry, specifically the vacuum and water truck services sector, Movac delivers comprehensive solutions for the safe cleanup, transfer and disposal of industrial fluids and waste for leading companies across Western Canada.
During this challenging economic market Movac has continued to expand and develop our relationships with new and existing clients. Movac is looking to expand our team due to recent organizational changes and continuous growth. Employees at Movac believe in the strength of teamwork, innovative thinking, and collaboration. We see exciting opportunities ahead and know our dedicated people are the key to success.
Position Title: Administration & Accounting Coordinator
Location: Calgary, AB
Summary of Position
This position provides administrative and accounting support to the HR & Administration Manager, Accountant Analyst, and CEO, as well as to both the Operations and Sales Teams. This position is a key member of the team that will assist with the current administrative and accounting needs, as well as provide insight to prepare for new tasks and responsibilities that arise through the growth of our organization. This position has dual responsibilities which include accounting tasks (accounts payable and receivable) and providing full office/administrative support in both the office and the field.
This role is more than accounting and office management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate continuous initiative to learn and will be provided with opportunities to engage in additional ongoing business activities and projects.
· General office administration and management including responding to telephone/email inquiries, order office supplies, process incoming and outgoing mail, maintain filing system, provide general information to customers and employees
· Manage accounts payable, including tracking and managing incoming invoices, tracking incoming payments and keep up to date files, reconcile third party costs with invoices and process remittances, etc.
· Coordinate and complete bi-weekly updates of company phone lists, directory, etc.
· Data entry of truck logs, equipment register, monthly safety statistics, development of drill sheets (daily) and mechanic hours (weekly)
· Assist shop with processing payments and support if needed
· Posting jobs and compiling new employee packages
· Completion of annual and quarterly trucking regulatory reporting, including government reporting
· Vacation tracking
· Prioritize daily workload according to the needs of the team and effectively handle unscheduled requests
· Composing letters and reports when requested
· Work closely with the team (head office, field office, field staff) to ensure smooth and efficient execution of daily, weekly, and monthly tasks
· Take a lead role on the Movac safety committee and in planning/executing safety lunch and learns and training sessions
· Miscellaneous filing
· Maintaining boardroom and office equipment
· Conduct all job responsibilities in accordance with the Movac HSE standards, guidelines and rules
· Assisting with other general tasks and projects as required
Experience and Qualifications
· Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative function
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing AP/AR support, and knowledge of Simply Accounting software would be considered an asset
· Exceptional proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Proficient organization, planning, scheduling and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, make decisions and prioritize work
· Ability to critically examine and troubleshoot issues independently
· Dependable and reliable with a personal commitment to ownership and accountability for the success of tasks assigned
· Applying a high level of attention to detail, recognizing the complete need for accuracy in managing accounts
· Effective communication skills in writing and verbally including an excellent telephone manner, clearly spoken, helpful and pleasant
· Process oriented mindset, with the ability to work independently and as a supportive, positive member of the team
· Ability to adapt to changing environments
· Safety conscious and experience with participating on a safety committee
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of business
· Exceptional positive and professional attitude and appearance
The driving force behind our organization is the sincere commitment to our people, and their focus on exceeding client expectations. To be considered, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 4:00pm on Friday, March 23, 2018.
To ensure your application is reviewed as quickly as possible, please indicate “Admin & Accounting Coordinator” in the subject line of your message.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Movac, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.