Mechanical Engineer - Canadian Natural Resources (4 Visits)
Reporting to the Lead Engineer, the Mechanical Engineer will play a vital role in ensuring application of best practices in design, procurement, and installation of rotating equipment, tanks, bulk material handling equipment, and other mechanical engineering during project execution and field operations for Horizon Oil Sands.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary
COMPETITIVE SALARY – STOCK OPTIONS – STOCK SAVINGS PLAN – ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS – RELOCATION
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Design of rotating equipment design basis, data sheets, and purchase specifications from the licensor and/or engineering contractor
• Design of tanks and bulk material handling equipment design basis, data sheets, and purchase specifications from the licensor and/or engineering contractor
• Contribute to the design, procurement, performance testing, vendor negotiations, and construction and commissioning activities for the Horizon Project
• Support the installation of new mechanical equipment during module yard and field construction, including pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
• Provide technical support and consultation during engineering modifications & field operations of mechanical equipment
• Diagnose and evaluate rotating equipment vibration problems
• Interface with other Rotating Equipment Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Specialists, Procurement, Planning Groups, Engineering Support, and Contractors to ensure timely co-ordination of maintenance activities and development of ongoing improvements.
• Communicate with vendors on warranty issues.
• Troubleshoot machinery problems, support Operations in identifying root problem causes, and provide proper recommendations to improve safety and reliability
• Travel to Horizon site on a regular basis to support construction and commissioning
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience with Mechanical and Rotating Equipment Engineering with field engineering and/or construction experience within oil sands or mineral processing plant
• Engineering Degree is required; preference in Mechanical Engineering
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA would be an asset
• Strong expertise with various rotating equipment including: slurry pumps & water pumps, with knowledge of thickeners, compressors, flotation cells, conveyors, crushers and screens
• Technical understanding of static equipment including: tanks, vessels, columns,& pump boxes
• Previous experience working with large Operating companies in maintenance or projects, international rotating equipment vendors of repute or EPC firms
• Proficient with various International standards and industry best practices including: different types of API and ANSI rotating equipment, mechanical seals and API
• Experience with Hazop, SIL reviews, and modularization an asset
• Experience in MS Office Suite Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Strong written and oral communication skills
To see related Mechanical Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Mechanical